Oldekamp keeps German MX2 championship lead
The Silent Sport Racing Team went out to eastern Germany for the 4th round of the German MX2 championship. 19 year old Lars Oldekamp kept the lead with a thrird overall position while team mate Michael Kaussen was happy with a 15th overall result.
Actually I hadnít planned to race the complete series, but now that Iím leading both championships I will surely try to keep my chances until the end.
Thurm was pretty good for me, I am quite satisfied with the way I rode. The first race was difficult, as I had to come back from a collision at the start that I just survived without crashing, but I put my head down and worked my way back up to 5th. The 2nd start was better I was leading for a while until Florent passed me after a small mistake. 3rd overall and another 2 points in the championship arenít too bad and now Iím looking forward to the final race of the ADAC Youngster Cup in Holzgerlingen.
Even though I could be happy with qualifying in 11th position, I still thought that the time difference was too big. My races went ok, I had a good first start and finished 13th, and even after a worse start in moto 2 I managed to finish well in the points for 15th overall.
1. Florient Richier (FRA, KAW), 50 Pkt.
2. Filip Neugebauer (CZE, KAW), 42
3. Lars Oldekamp (GER, KTM), 38
4. Kasper Lynggaard (FRA, KAW), 36
5. Christian Brockel (GER, YAM), 30
6. Tim Koch (GER, YAM), 27
7. Stephan Mock (GER, HON), 25
8. Marco Krauth (GER, SUZ), 24
9. Ron Noffz (GER, HON), 20
10. Boris Maillard (FRA, KAW), 19
11. Davide Von Zitzewitz (GER, KTM), 19
12. Jan Uhlig (GER, KTM), 19
13. Angus Heidecke (GER, KAW), 18
14. Dominique Thury (GER, KTM), 18
15. Michael Kaussen (GER, KTM), 15